Call for Social Media Book Chapters
The organizers of the Social Media Technology Conference & Workshop are issuing a new call for the second edition of Social Media: Pedagogy and Practice. The second edition, Social Media: Pedagogy and Practice II, will contain all new chapters that examine how interactive technologies can be applied to teaching, research and other areas within communication. Its ultimate purpose is to continue to bring relevant cutting-edge research about developments happening in the world involving social media.
Interested contributors can write on any number of topics including, but not limited to, the following:
1) Social media and economic empowerment
2) Social media and political campaigns
3) Social media and business growth
4) Social media, law and ethics
5) Conducting research using social media platforms
6) Social media pedagogy
7) Social media in the post modern era
8) Social media and international research
9) Social media usages by specific age groups
10) Uses, growth and/or practices of a specific social media platform
11) New media theory and social media
12) Minorities and the use of social media
13) Social media and race, culture, identity and/or gender
14) Social media’s use in journalism, branding, public relations, advertising and/or marketing
15) The politics of femininity in social media
16) Political uprising and revolutions and social media
Potential authors should submit a 3-6 page chapter proposal by May 1, 2014 to Dr. Kehbuma Langmia (Howard University) at email@example.com as well as Dr. Tia C. M. Tyree (Howard University) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Accepted proposals will be notified by June 15, 2014 and given specific formatting guidelines on their full-length chapter submissions. Deadline for final chapters will be January 31, 2015.
Questions regarding the call can be sent to Dr. Pamela O’Brien (Bowie State University) email@example.com or Ingrid Sturgis (Howard University) at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, respectively.
For more information about the Social Media Technology Conference & Workshop or Social Media: Pedagogy and Practice, please log onto www.socialmediatechnologyconference.com.